We are pleased to offer Youth Soccer to children under the age of 9! There are three age categories: Under 5, Under 7 and Under 9. The focus is on FUN and enjoyment of the game. No standings are kept and there are no assigned referees at this level of play. The indoor season runs from mid-October to mid-March, and the outdoor season runs from May-June.
Players register and become members of their Community Association and the Community Association’s register their teams with Saskatoon Youth Soccer Inc., with a fee for service in order to have league schedules created and to have one tournament organized per season. For more information on Saskatoon Youth Soccer Inc., visit their website.
Volunteers are needed to coach Youth Soccer. Team coaches will be reimbursed the full registration fees and assistant coach/gender representative (one per team) will be paid a $50 honorarium, upon completion of season, mandatory courses and requirements. If there aren’t enough volunteers, participation of all parents and/or guardians will be required on a rotation basis.
If you are interested in coaching, or if you have any questions about the program, please email our Youth Soccer Coordinators: email@example.com.
KidSport provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
For a KidSport application, please email our Youth Soccer Coordinators at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 OUTDOOR SEASON
Registration for the 2023 Outdoor Season will open on Wednesday, February 1st, 2023, at 12 p.m.
The deadline to register is Monday, March 13th, 2023, at 6 p.m. Late registrations will be subject to a $20 late fee.
|Co-Ed||3 vs 3||$100|
|Girls/Boys||3 vs 3*||$110|
|Girls/Boys||5 vs 5||$140|
- The 2023 Outdoor Season will run from May 1st to June 30th, 2023.
- There will be 8 games on grass fields, and additional practice days and times to be determined by the Coach.
- Tournaments will be held at the Saskatoon Sports Centre Fields at 150 Nelson Road.
- U5, U7 & U9: There will be 3 games for Mini-FOS Tournament on June 9th to 11th, 2023.
- U5 & U7: There will be 1 game for Timbit Jamboree on June 25th, 2023.
- It is the parents/guardians responsibility to adhere to the current health guidelines and recommendations, as required by the Saskatchewan Health Authority. Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Provided jerseys to be handed in at the end of the season.
- SYSI has changed the Under 7 format of play to align with Canada Soccer’s grassroots standards which requires us to have Under 7 play 3v3 instead of 4v4. The Under 5 and Under 7 teams will be the same format and roster size on a smaller pitch.
- There will be no goalkeeper for Under 5 & Under 7. The absence of a goalkeeper allows all the kids to chase the ball down the field. The action is where the fun is, and the fun is where the ball is. This will allow the kids to further develop basic motor skills (running, jumping) as well as soccer specific skills (kicking the ball, dribbling, and passing). The players will be in contact with the ball more and this will allow them to experience “the decision-making process” more, often enhancing their early knowledge and allowing for the reflexes (connections brain-muscles) to be formed. Playing on both offense and defense, will allow the players to SLOWLY begin to understand the role of teammates.