March 21, 2011
Hampton Village Community Association
Meeting Minutes: March 21, 2011
1. Meeting called to order (6:31pm)
– Motion: Abby
2. Guest speaker: Cam Broten (MLA for Massey Place)
– Cam is trying to draw attention to the issue of Hampton Village needing a school.
– He said that land is set aside.
– Cam has a petition that he has been going door to door and getting it signed.
– Hampton Village is not at the top of the list for new schools in Saskatoon, however, Cam will keep the issue alive in the legislature.
3. Financial Update – Kim
– Our fiscal year will be January 1st, 2010 to August 31st, 2010 but will be stretched to August 31st 2011 as we didn’t get started until November.
– Kim raised the issue that there was some confusion regarding advertisers for the September newsletter at invoice time because it didn’t go out until January. The issue was discussed and Abby has a well-organized system for the advertisers in our current newsletter.
– Pilates (January) made $1170 and cost $660
– $1982.03 is our current account balance.
4. Matt stated that Nathan Wisser has stepped forward to take care of memberships as they are currently disorganized.
5. Motion made by Matt to have bank statements changed from Josh’s house to Kim’s house.
– Jenni seconded
6. Kinder soccer – Pam
– made approximately $1600
– most of the money will be spent on T-shirts, balls, and other supplies this year but will bring a good profit next year.
– Kinder soccer will run Tuesday evenings (6:30-7:15) for 8 weeks, starting in May. There will also be a year-end windup.
– There are 5 teams with almost 10 players on each team.
– Kinder soccer will be offered again in the fall.
– Mario is going to talk to the Diane Turkin (School rentals) to get some gym time during kinder soccer dates incase of rain delays.
7. Recreation – Mario and Regan
– Pilates: Starts on April 11 and will run for 11 classes on Mondays from 7:30-8:30.
– Learn to run: Starts April 11 and runs for 11 weeks (Mondays and Wednesdays) from 6:00am-7:00am
– Boot camps will also start in May.
– Details and registration is online.
– Registration night: April 4th at 7:30pm at Dundonald school.
– Also discussed advertising.
– Ballet: Mario got details about offering ballet in Hampton Village. An instructor charges $20 per hour and has classes for 3-4 year olds and 5-6 year olds. The instructor also does musical theatre classes. Another volunteer is needed before we can start more programs.
– Matt will post a volunteer position on the website.
8. Newsletter Update: Abby, Jenni, Erin
– Looking into delivery options. Will most likely have Josh organize delivery again.
– Spring newsletter is 20 pages long and has $1000 of advertising
– Hope to have it out at the beginning of April.
– Discussion on small articles to fill space, such as, new online police reporting.
9. Rink Construction Update: Matt
– A committee has been formed with about 6 volunteers.
– The city of Saskatoon has committed $5000 this year.
– Corporate sponsors will also be looked for.
10. Garage Sale Committee – Erin, Jenni, Abby
– Meeting has been scheduled in may for the committee to get together.
– Discussed options such as SaskEnergy ran bbq, Scotia bank fundraiser.
– Pam and Kaitlyn joined the committee.
11. Dundonald School Principle (Mitch)
– Mentioned a company in Hampton Village that is making housing a townhouse complex more affordable. Global news did a special on them.
– Talked about the school growing and new international families moving to the neighbourhood.
12 Community Consultant – David Godwin
– Highlighted the volunteer appreciation night on March 31, 2011.
– Upcoming social media training.
13. Motion to Adjourn meeting – Erin