Download Minutes

Hampton Village Community Association

Board Directors Meeting

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hampton Free Methodist Church @ 6:30 pm

-Meeting Minutes-

 

Attendance: Cinthia, Chelsey, Kelly, Jan, Ryan, Cathy, Christine, Jorge, Melanie, Val, Rasheed, Diana, Ron, Pam

Regrets: Kelly, Heather, Jessica, Stephanie, Brent, Jennifer

  1. Meeting called to order at 6:30 by Diana
  2. Review and adoption of agenda, no changes or additions – Chelsey moves, Rasheed seconds
  3. Review and approval of minutes with spelling mistake changes– Cathy moves, Christine seconds
  4. Business arising from the minutes – Reviewed action items
  5. Correspondence
    1. 2 newsletter ads received
    2. Question about babysitter list answered (HvCA does not maintain this list)
    3. Bank statement received
    4. Bill for PO Box due * Motion to pay the PO box on an annual basis – moved by Val, seconded by Diana, moved unanimously
  6. Monthly Minders
    1. Have not yet received bill for sign at shoppers, will follow-up in March
    2. Need a permit for family fest next month
  7. Executive Reports
    1. President – n/a
    2. Vice President – nothing to report
    3. Treasurer – not present
    4. Secretary – discussed new minutes template
  8. Coordinators Reports
    1. Communications
      1. Changed sign to advertise start of indoor programs, will be changed again to advertise soccer registration
      2. Working on stories for newsletter (history of street names, school update) – submissions due by April 1.
    2. Soccer – Registration Feb 25, 26 – in the dundonald large gym – Mel to send email for volunteers
    3. Kinder Soccer – registration with regular soccer
    4. Indoor programs – Toddler dance, jr engineering, french and pilates cancelled – refunds sent or delivered. Spring – new dance instructor, will also have core body, kettle bell and cheer.
    5. Rink – reviewed information from Jan, decided work to level area for rink should be completed after July 1. Location of shed TBD and rink sub-committee not required.
    6. Members at large – nothing to report
  9. Community consultant report – Jan reviewed her report
  10. Special Events
    1. Folding Tables
      1. Motion to purchase 6 folding tables – Ryan moves, Ron seconds, passed unanimously
    2. Garage sale update – Cathy working on poster, special event application prepared
    3. Family fest – Mel booked BBQ from maple leaf
      • Mel to figure out food costs
      • Booked clown and bouncy castles
      • Chelsey to see if dancers available
    4. New President election – private ballot, Diana and Jorge
      1. Diana elected to President

Meeting Adjourned

 

Action Items

Completed Actions Assigned to Due by Notes
Submit extension request for submission of financial statements to ISC Jessica 31-Dec-15 Given final extension to February
Pam, Chelsea, Mel and Christine to have coffee and chat requirements and planning for kindersoccer Pam 13-Jan-16 complete
Submit grant application for Family Fest (bring draft to January meeting) Chelsey 15-Jan-16 complete
Find out if the east Al Anderson field can be used for family fest and also soccer Jan 10-Feb-2016 Yes it is.
Talk to Brent about email issues and website issues some board members are having Mel 10-Feb-2016 Resolved
Include President vote on next month agenda Jan 10-Feb-2016 complete
Ongoing Actions Assigned to Due by Notes
Develop draft template for reporting from coordinators and distribute to coordinators Cathy 13-Jan-16 Moved to March
Sort out annual return:

Board members who are missing from corporate profile complete consent/acknowledgement and give to Cathy – Jessica, Jennifer, Brent, Pam, Lisa, Chelsey, Heather, Ron, Melanie, Jorge

Complete Affidavit and get Commissioner of Oaths to witness – Cathy

Contact ISC and ask how to submit (electronically? Hard copy?) – Jessica/Cathy

Update annual return and submit all required documents – Jessica

Cathy/Jan/Jessica

+ 10 Board Members who were missing from Corporate Profile

31-Dec-15 Annual return still to be submitted
Ron to get quotes on rink fence Ron 15-April  
Report back on how much HVCA owes for shade topper Jan 10-Feb-2016  

 

New Actions Assigned to Due by Notes
Mel to forward email to Jan that Al Anderson park available for family fest and soccer Mel March 2016  
Determine best location for rink shed Jan with rink committee March 2016  
Submit financial statements to ISC Jessica Feb 2016