Hampton Village Community Association

Meeting Agenda

Wednesday December 14, 2016

Hampton Free Methodist Church 6:30

 

  1. Call to Order: Cathy, 6:39
  2. Review and Approval of agenda
    1. Agenda was reviewed and approved. Moved: Glen Seconded: Kelly
  3. Introductions: Present Cathy, Jan, Heidi, Darcie, Shauna, Ryan, Matt, Cinthia, Kelly, Rasheed, Kristen, Glen, Chelsey.

Regrets: Val, Christina,

  1. Review and approval of meeting minutes: November 9, 2016
    1. Minutes approved by Ryan, seconded by Kristen
  2. Business arriving from the minutes (including review of action items)
ACTION ITEMS Assigned to Due Status
Forward revised meeting minutes for June and September to webmaster for posting.

 

Val Dec Ongoing
Forward up to date copy of insurance policy to Christine, Kelly, Kristen and Mel. Cathy Dec. Complete
Review of other community association board role descriptions to be discussed at next HVCA board meeting Cathy Dec Complete

Cathy liked Rosewood’s

Email Cinthia to determine status of request for sub bank account for Hampton Gardens Cathy Complete

Garden will not be under HVCA

Follow up regarding NSF cheque for indoor programming. Kelly and Kristen Dec Complete

One has been paid.

2nd withdrew from program

Investigate if we can have two indoor coordinators and if both coordinators have voting rights. Jan Dec Complete

Yes and yes

Kelly and Kristen to meet with Jan for further orientation to their roles. Kelly, Kristen Dec Complete
Follow up with Brent regarding Kelly and Kristen’s email access difficulties. Cathy Dec Complete
Contact Brent to determine if previous HVCA member names drop off the email distribution list. Glen Dec Complete

Names are removed once 5 emails bounce back or if the individual fills out the unsubscribe form on website

Purchase the $100.00 gift card prior to the December board meeting as gift for anonymous volunteer rink contractor.

 

Cathy Dec Complete
Follow up with SUM Theatre regarding presenting the Hockey Sweater as part of the rink Grand Opening and report back to the December meeting. Cathy Dec Complete

 

Performance is a no-go

investigate cost for HVCA to purchase carboy for future use at Pumpkins in the Park and other events Kelly Dec Complete
Ask Mel about booking bbqs for Garage sale and Family Fest.
Garage Sale is on May 13, 2017.

 

Cathy Dec Complete

 

Contact school board for update regarding future relationship with school, access to meeting room for meetings and availability of storage for community association supplies.

 

 

Cathy

Dec Ongoing

 

Cathy has not received response

Meet with Jan to update HVCA board membership on ISC website. Cathy Dec Complete
Email post AGM checklist to board members.
 
Val Dec Ongoing
Review HVCA governance documents, in particular the process for approving financial expenditures.

All Dec Ongoing

 

  1. Motion to purchase one carboy for association activities. Moved by Kelly, Seconded by Shauna

Action item: Purchase carboy for association activities

 

  1. Correspondence
    1. Mel: Kidsport Cheque $210, +paperwork
    2. Annual grants: Rasheed
    3. Bank statements: Oct 31st, 2016: $61160.92. Nov 30th, 2016 $59690.60
    4. Nordic: Owed $11375.20 (city will reimburse)
    5. Church: Owed $35 (photocopying for Spanish)

 

  1. Executive Reports
    1. President
    2. Treasurer (Rasheed)
      1. Annual Financial review
        1. Needs to be completed and submitted to Tara
        2. Rasheed, Jan and Jessica need to meet.
      2. Use of cheque requisition form. Noting which account/budget it comes from. Separate form for each account rather than per person.

Action item: Jan to modify cheque requisition form as per Rasheed’s instructions.

Action item: Jan to send information about summary stamp for single invoices to Rasheed.

Action item: Rasheed to contact Jessica and set up time to meet for financial review.

Action item: Annual Financial Review (2015-2016): Rasheed, Jessica and Jan still need to meet and process before January 31st, 2017

Action item: Rasheed will present process of how he would like funds requested, approved, and submitted.

Action item: Jan wants a breakdown of rink lighting cost.

 

  1. Coordinators Reports
    1. Communications Coordinator (Cathy)

Communications Report–December

What did I do?

Prepared newsletter

Five advertisements 3 are ¼ page, 2 are half page = $250.00 revenue

Responded to inquiries regarding future advertisements

Organized rink work bee for Saturday December 3

Responded to inquiries about the rink—regarding lighting.

Purchased gift card

Updated ICS registry

 

What do I need to do?

Finalize newsletter

Change sign

What do I need from you?

Reimbursement for gift card

 

  1. Soccer Coordinator (Mel)
    1. Needs a cheque for key-deposit for a school for soccer. Chelsey will fill out cheque rec form
  2. Indoor Coordinator (Kelly/Kristin)
    1. Winter programming is finalized
    2. Will be in newsletter
    3. Split programming adult (Kelly) and children (Kristen)
  3. KinderSoccer (Christine)
    1. Will have registration with indoor programs. Upcoming season is planned. Shirts are ordered.
  4. Rink Coordinator (Jan): Please see report, emailed
    1. Heather Wright’s husband will do our lighting labour for free
      1. Will cranes impact Peter’s work?
    2. Jan will forward rink report.
      1. Waiting on permit application from SASK power. Then lighting/heat can go in.
      2. Need to organize a rink opening:
        1. Mix of hockey and family skate activities
      3. Jan wants a breakdown of rink lighting cost.
      4. Make copies of all receipts
      5. Need to plan Public Skate times & assign volunteers to supervise. Two on weekend & one during the week.
      6. Best case Tuesday December 19th flood date.
      7. Rink opening committee has been established.

Action Item: Kristen, Ryan, Cinthia, Kelly, Glen to meet to plan Rink opening (over Christmas). Bring budget/plan to January HVCA meeting.

  1. Community consultant report
    1. See report, emailed

 

  1. Special Events
    1. Garage sale/BBQ (Cathy)
      1. Moving Garage Sale to May 6th as the 13th is the same day as city volunteer appreciation.
        1. Moved by Glen, Seconded Darcie
      2. Registration nights (point person? dates?)
        1. Registration is Jan. 4th from 6-8 @ Hampton Church
      3. Family fest (point person? date?)
        1. Christine will lead planning.
          1. Darcie, Shauna and Val will help plan.

Action item: Meet to plan event over Christmas season. Send information on to Chelsey.

  1. Possible date: June 17th, 2017. If Christine’s Trail Appliance request panes out
  2. Cathy will not cancel BBQ until dates are for sure.
  3. Hoping to make use of RBC volunteers and donations
  4. SASK Lottery Grant is due by January 16th, noon.

Action item: Chelsey will write once Christine sends her information on what Family Fest will look like.

 

  1. New business
    1. Treasurer supplies
      1. Motion to purchase supplies such as envelopes & stamps. Up to $100. Moved by Cathy, 2nd

Action item: Purchase supplies such as envelopes & stamps (up to $100)

 

  1. New school playgrounds – what do we expect the HVCA involvement to be
    1. City of Saskatoon will be submitting Half of one playground for each school.
    2. Likely will cost $400+ per school
    3. Not positive on HVCA involvement at this time. Possibly a joint fundraiser between Public, Catholic and HVCA.
  2. Position orientations
    1. Table for next meeting (January 11th)
  3. Authorizing expenditures Review
    1. Cheque request form: See Treasure’s report above
  4. Canada Revenue Agency – Outreach
    1. Cathy will submit email
    2. Want to provide session to community to show what benefits can be accessed. Educate on tax system. Community volunteer income tax program.

Action item: Cathy will follow up with Naomi at church to find a date for CRA to come out to speak to the community.

  1. SASK LOTTERIES COMMUNITY GRANT

Action item: Cathy will forward grant email to Chelsey

Action item: Due January 16th @ noon

 

  1. Next meetings:
    1. January 11- Ryan to chair
    2. February 8 –
    3. March 8
    4. April 12
    5. May 10
    6. June 14
    7. July-Aug: no meetings
    8. September 13
    9. AGM: October 11

 

Status of Actions Reviewed Assigned to Due Notes
Forward revised meeting minutes for June and September to webmaster for posting.

 

Val Dec Ongoing
Contact school board for update regarding future relationship with school, access to meeting room for meetings and availability of storage for community association supplies.

 

 

Cathy

Dec Ongoing

 

Cathy has not received response

Email post AGM checklist to board members.
 
Val Dec Ongoing
Review HVCA governance documents, in particular the process for approving financial expenditures.

All Dec Ongoing
Check AGM minutes to make sure Kelly and Kristen are both 2 year terms Val Jan
Jan to send out information about Mail Chimp programs Jan Jan.
Purchase carboy for association activities Kelly Jan.
Re-book BBQ for Garage Sale: May 6th, 2017 (if we change the date) Cathy Jan.
Purchase supplies such as envelopes & stamps (up to $100) Rasheed Jan.
Jan to modify cheque requisition form as per Rasheed’s instructions. Jan Jan
Jan to send information about summary stamp for single invoices to Rasheed. Jan Jan
Rasheed to contact Jessica and set up time to meet for financial review. Rasheed Jan
Annual Financial Review (2015-2016): Rasheed, Jessica and Jan still need to meet and process before January 31st, 2017 Jan, Rasheed, Jessica Jan. 31st
Rasheed will present process of how he would like funds requested, approved, and submitted. Rasheed Jan 11th meeting
Jan wants a breakdown of rink lighting cost. Rasheed When invoices are in
Kristen, Ryan, Cinthia, Kelly, Glen to meet to plan Rink opening (over Christmas). Bring budget/plan to January HVCA meeting. Cinthia to send out email to set date Jan 11th HVCA meeting
Family Fest Committee will meet before Christmas or over holidays to plan Christine Jan 5
Cathy will forward SASK lottery grant email to Chelsey Cathy ASAP
Writing of SASk Lotteries Grant: Once Christine sends on event information Chelsey Due noon, Jan 16.
Follow up with Naomi at church to find a date for CRA to come out to speak to the community.

 

Cathy Jan

 

Meeting adjourned: 8:34.