Hampton Village Community Association

Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

 

Attendance:  Rob Huck, Pam Laurens, Melanie Litvenenko, Lynn Heale, Justine McCaffrey, Chasity Berast, Jen Upton, Jan Cunningham, Abby Schoonmaker, Chelsey

1)    Call to order – President Justine McCaffrey at 6:32 pm

2)    Adoption of Agenda – Cathy motioned to adopt the agenda, Lynn seconded, passed.

3)    Approval of Minutes – Pam motioned to approve the minutes and Cathy seconded, passed.

4)    President’s Report – Two weeks ago, the presidents from Westview, Hampton Village, Massey and Confederation Park met to brainstorm on volunteer recruitment

–       There will be a meeting on April 16th, 5:00 pm-8:00 pm regarding the P3 Schools. Jan suggested on putting the info on the Hampton Village Website.

–       Miscommunication regarding the cancelling of bowling lanes. Bowling company wants to charge us for the lanes. Association voted on paying the company and it was passed.  Rob motioned to pay $250.00 to the company and Pam seconded, motion was passed. Rob will contact the company and pay them.

5)    Treasure’s Report – No report

6)    Community Consultant Report – Reporting deadlines for the annual community association grants are as follows;

  • Annual Operating Grant – April 30th
  • Annual Programming Grant – April 30th
  • Annual Rink Operating Grant – May 15th

Note: Jan will provide the association with a summary of all reports and documents that are outstanding.

– All programs for the leisure guide must be in to Jan by Thursday, May 22nd.

– Jan suggested that we coordinate programs with other close communities to avoid  overlap of programs

– Volunteering Appreciation Event – Thursday, April 24th, 2014.  Celebrating volunteers   will be held at the Broadway Theatre form 6:45 pm – 9:00 pm. Spouses and significant others are welcome. Offering childcare for up to two hours and reimbursing bus fare. Early bird registration is on April 7th. Online registration is www.surveymonkey.com.

– Indoor Coordinators workshop – May 8th. Great time to network and collaborate before the fall 2014 leisure guide deadline.

– Question of switching the stop sign on McClocklin was answered by Jan, it was based on the traffic ratio.  It will change again once development is completed.

– Saskatoon Police Service, Health Region and Public Schools are presenting community information on bullying, internet safety, drugs, and personal safety dates are as follows;

Monday, April 7, 2014 – 7:00 pm- 8:30 pm.  At Mount Royal Collegiate and Monday, April 14, 2014 – 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm at Walter Murray Collegiate.

–       Report a pothole on-line – City of Saskatoon Website and click P for pothole.

–       Ignite your leadership program was not utilized by our association, Jan would like to know why.  Association mentioned reasons too long of a session, put it in the week not on the weekend, Association members are burnt out from all the volunteering, association needs more volunteers.

–       Jan has booked a meeting with City, regarding the slope near the rink

–       Jan will schedule a meeting for the soccer agreement between Hampton and Dundonald.

7)    Coordinator’s Report

A)   Newsletter

Newsletters to be delivered.  Posters and articles to be in to Jen by next Wednesday.  We will be delivering the newsletters on the last week of April.  Jen is unable to divide up the newsletter and distribute them.  Abby and Cathy will help to distribute newsletters to the designated people.  Let Jen know if there are any outstanding invoices for ads, they will not be allowed to advertise until they pay their outstanding invoices first.  Easter Seal deliver flyers, look into offering free advertising, Abby to look into this.

B)    Soccer

Kinder Soccer registration is high.  Mel motioned for $1000.00 to buy, shirts and equipment, Pam seconded, motion was passed.

Mel mentioned there are five NSF cheques to deal with.

C)   Sign

Pam motioned to pay Cathy up to $500.00 to sign expenditures, Abby seconded, motion was passed.  Currently Cathy needed reimbursement for sandbags ($28.56) and will need $30.00 for Sign permit in May.  The sign will be advertising the Hampton Village Annual Yard Sale, which will be on May 10th.

D)   Flag Football

Mel received $90.00 by cheque, not certain who it was from.  Mel will contact Steve our flag football coordinator to verify the money.

E)   Rink

Budget will be discussed at the next Community Association Meeting.

8)    New Buisness

A)   Garage Sale – May 10th from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm

The BBQ is booked with Boryski’s Meats for $225.00 plus tax.  Jen motioned for $2000.00 for the BBQ expenses and Lynn seconded, motion was passed. We need volunteers for the event to happen, Jen asked members to volunteer and help find volunteers for the event.

 

B)   Volunteer Steak Night –  June 7th, at Sutherland Bar

Cocktails– 5:00 pm

Supper – 5:30

RSVP – May 20th

Sutherland requires a $100.00 deposit

May 1st – deadline for volunteer names

Doors Prizes and 50/50 tickets

 

C)   Typo in last meeting minutes, March 12th – Volunteer motion was for $200.00, not $2000.00.

 

Next Community Association Meeting – May 7th, 6:30

 

Adjourn – Jen motioned to adjourn the meeting, Abby seconded.