Hampton Village Community Association

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Meeting Minutes

  1.  Call to order – President Justine McCaffrey at 6:40 p.m.
  2. Adoption of Agenda – Cathy Baerg motioned the adoption of the agenda, Lynn Heale seconded. Passed
  3. Approval of Minutes – December 12, 2012, Chasity Berast motioned the adoption of the minutes, Michelle Tremblay seconded. Passed
  4. President’s Report

Vice President Josh Tiechroeb has been accepted with the Saskatoon City Police and  will be away at police training for the next four months.

  1. Treasure’s Report

Michelle is up to date on all invoices, and the financial statement is now online.

Michelle reviewed the annual return.  Michelle will give the review to Dave Godwin. David has a request for money form that he will give to Michelle for any future requests. Michelle informed us that the new computer will need an anti-virus. David will send information to Michelle on the Microsoft anti-virus available.

  1. Community Consultant Report – David Godwin

A) David gave the HVCA copies of cards that can help gain instructors for community activities.  David suggests handing them out or having them visible at community events or registration nights.

B) David sends out a reminder that Sask. Lottery Grants are due Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at noon.

C) Volunteer Appreciation Night will be on March 28th at the Western Development Museum.  Event starts at 6:45 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. An email regarding registration will be sent out shortly. Boom Town will be open that evening with activities throughout. Each person can bring a partner to the event.

 

 

 

  1. Coordinators Report

A)   Rink

We have a new rink coordinator, a big thanks to Rylan!

1)The rink has been flooded now four times. The rink has a leak.  Possible reason for leak is from the fast flow of water when flooding the rink. Cathy Baerg will ask someone she knows if they would be interested in letting us use their water truck to flood the rink, so that we can flood the rink a little slower.

2)Grand opening of rink has been postponed until rink is completely finished. Michelle Tremblay made a motion to postpone the Grand Opening of the rink until the rink is completed, Chasity Berast seconded. Passed

3)David Godwin found a used light that would be much cheaper for us to put up. There is a possibility we will need electrician to make minor tweaks for the light.

8.  Christmas tree fundraiser will be on Sunday, January 13, 2013. There are more trees than originally expected.

9. New Business

A) Cather Baerg will change sign at Shoppers to advertise the soccer

registration.

B)   Troy Davies spoke at our meeting, informing us that HVC has been unofficially put on 2014 budget for a new school. Collaboration with Catholic school is evident, haven’t heard from public school system as of yet.

C)   Troy Davies informed us that the city councilors have been allocated $11,000 each towards communication.  Troy presented the idea that a portion of that money go to a pamphlet handed out once or twice a year.

10.  Next Meeting – Wednesday, February 13, 2013

11. Motion to Adjourn Meeting – Michelle Tremblay motioned to adjourn the meeting, Cathy Baerg seconded. Meeting adjourned at 7:24pm